Friday is Urban Nights in downtown Dayton. We'll be open until 10 PM for this event. Urban Nights is a celebration of downtown offerings. Some of our favorite destinations are on Fifth Street, park once and it's walking distance to all these Dayton originals (in no particular order):
(Search for these businesses on Google, Facebook, MySpace, etc., for up-to-date information & hours.)
- Oregon Express; FREE PIZZA (with purchase) for Friday Happy hour, live music later.
- The Trolley Stop Bar; good food, live music, and a rotating selection of quality drafts.
- Blind Bob's Tavern; the new place on 5th, for a juicy burger selection and more.
- Smokin' BBQ; try the pulled pork sandwich, or perhaps fried bologna is your mood.
- The Dublin Pub; excellent Irish stew, 'Perfect Pints' of Guinness, and Irish pub charm.
- Thai 9; Nine levels of 'hot' for your meal, excellent menu
- 5th Street Wine & Deli; great sandwiches, snacks, candy, plus carry-out beer & wine.
- Pacchia; fine dining with drinks, jazz, and a coffee shop.
- Café Boulevard/Le Monde; fine dining/bar.
- Jay's Seafood & Steaks; not on Fifth, but right next door. Excellent fare.
- Franco's Italian Ristorante; Italian fine-dining.
- Shaneak's; a quality food cart for burgers and more.
- China Buffet; a Chinese buffet.
- Newcom's Tavern; bar/night club.
- Ned Pepper's/The Hole in the Wall; bar/night club.
- Sloopy's; dance club/bar.
- VEX; dance club/bar.
- Feathers Vintage; clothing, knick-knacks, electronics, a great place for unusual gifts.
- Gem City Records; batteries, accessories, plus new & used CDs, DVDs, and LPs.
- The Neon Movies; independent/art house theater (2 screens).
- Jimmy Modern; vintage modern furniture, art, and more.
- Exotic Fantasies; batteries, adult novelties, and much more.
- and, of course, Bonnett's Used Book Store, vintage comic & magazines, recent novels, collectible & rare books, classic erotica, & more.
We hope to see you this weekend.
Friday: Noon - 10 PM for Urban Nights (normally Noon-8 PM)
Saturday: Noon - 8 PM