We've got a great selection of used books for gift giving and holiday planning (dinners, decorating, entertaining). Our cooking section has older books that probably can't be found elsewhere around town, holding the secrets to fondly remembered holiday treats that no one seems to make anymore. Come take a look this weekend.
I recently found some Spanish language funny comics including this unusual item. Fortunately, the only turkey monster we'll be dealing with is the urge to take a nap after dinner.
This weekend there's a lot of Holiday and Seasonal goings-on in Downtown Dayton:
FRIDAY COURTHOUSE SQUARE 4:00 pm-10:00 pm?
- 4:00 pm - The Dayton Holiday Festival kicks off on Courthouse Square with choirs, crafts, and games leading up to...
- 8:00 pm - The Grande Illumination! The lighting of Dayton's 60' tree and other decorations at Courthouse Square, when...
- 8:0? pm - The Dayton Children's Parade will make the rounds right after the lighting of the tree! That's right, a night-time parade with lighted floats and the arrival of Santa Claus himself!
- 11:00 am-6:30 pm - Skate the 'Scape! Ice skating returns to RiverScape. $5.00 rink admission includes skate rental. Hot cocoa and other food and refreshments available at the "Flying Dog" food pavillion. And if you don't skate it costs nothing to sit, watch, and enjoy the atmosphere.
- 6:55 pm & 8:30 pm - Music & Laser shows!
- 7:00 pm-10:00 pm - Starlight Skate for romantics and night owls.