Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something I didn't tell you...

Tuesday I wrote about popular things around the shop of late.

I mentioned a book seen in the movie "Apocalypse Now" that is said to have inspired T.S. Eliot to write "The Wasteland". The book in the movie was "From Ritual to Romance" and what I didn't tell you is that it's a study of Arthurian legend and religion. Today, in completely unrelated endeavors, I tripped over this article discussing some of the literary and historical aspects of one of the better known stories from the realm of King Arthur's Camelot, "Sir Gawain and The Green Knight."

IMPORTANT IDEAS AND CONCEPTS IN SIR GAWAIN AND THE GREEN KNIGHT
from the Masterworks of British Literature blog.

I was amazed to find this the day after making that other post. I couldn't help but share.

While I'm at it, I may as well mention that we've got a great selection of classic books about King Arthur, Merlin, Camelot, and the Knights of the Round Table, including expansions to those tales, and some wonderful re-imaginings. I'm not sure, but we might even have a movie or two... but, at the moment, not "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," so, I hope you'll enjoy this clip of the LEGO version. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment